Monday, April 6, 2009

[TGV_Advocacy] Re:My Opinion - Brian

WOw I do wear a "badge" a patch on my hat, and I do it to be more visible. I am sorry some here feel the way they are trans is the only way, but there is a LOT of variety in cultures, ages, styles, subcultures, fashions, gender presentations, etc.. How is there a right way or a norm...people who use the word normal rarley have been outside their area. Everywhere you go people look different, and most places themselves have a lot of range. So Indian trans people should not wear sarees because it does not fit your image of what trans is.
I know especially older trans people lived in a time where there was little outside of the binary; we now live in a time where there is more choice and gender expression; how is that not a good thing? How is choice not a good thing? How is freedom not a good thing? I am Intersexed, but I do not and will not live at either gender extreme of the spectrum, and I am comfortable and open about that. The more open we are the more visible the more accepted we will be. The more we point fingers, hate and judge each other the less power we have. Just because you don't do something or even understand it fully does not mean others should not do it!

Brian : Massage Therapist
www.confidenttouch.com

No comments: