Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Angry Letter Part Deux

Angry Letter Part Deux
Today at 12:15pm
Dear Mr. Stelmach,

I am writing you again to solicit a response to the email I sent you last week. While I appreciate that you are a busy man and that you may have limited time available to respond to such inquiries, I feel that my earlier communication included a number of valid questions that merit a reponse. My questions to you are:

1. Are the increased health care costs that will result from delisting gender reassignment surgery lesser in value than the $700,000 per year saved?

2. Is the government prepared to weather the possible legal costs that could be associated with delisting this service? (and again, is this potential cost less than the $700,000 per year saved?)

3. Has the government considered how this decision will affect the rate of depression and suicide among the transgendered community?

4. What was considered in the decision-making process with regard to cutting this particular service?


I have attached my previous email below should you require any further clarification regarding the questions I'm posing, or in the unlikely event that you did not receive it.

Sincerely,

Chris

No comments: