Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I am saddened by the decision of the government of Alberta's Conservatives to cut Gender Reassignment Surgery from the health budget of the province, to save
$700,000 a year. Meanwhile adding to funding of the Super Board overseeing Alberta Health Service receive another $550 million, bringing its budget to $7.7 billion. Yes to put things in perspective.
I bet the super board will be giving itself a raise very shortly, again or even some bonuses.
I think I may have been the last person in Alberta to receive the operation funding, I hope not. I hope a few were able to get in before this cut hit.
It makes it hard for those in the trans community who do not have the money to flip such a bill of close to $20,000.
I think that we need help to voice an out cry of injustice and concern.
We also need to begin thinking of starting a way to raise money for others in the trans community to be able to afford the process.
I will donate my earnings from revenue generated from my two blogs to this cause. Consider also contacting me if you have ideas of how to start raising funds for the trans community in Alberta.

No comments: